Monday, October 14, 2019

Orgone Accumlator

As seen from the last ten years roughly of Perverse Osmosis, I enjoying accumulating. Whether it be gems, scrolls, potions, magical boots, swords, daggers, crossbows, bolts, most kinds of coins, and upmarket gems, I think there is something to be said for having lots of them.

Here is a brief list of things I do not enjoy accumulating:

  • Bugbear furs. For whatever reason, bugbear love their dirty furs. After killing eight or ten of them, there is always the question of what to do with their furs. Someone in the party usually makes the suggestion that we take them back to the local village and sell them. When this happens, I make an alternate suggestion that revolves around their teeth and my gauntlet.
  • Copper pieces. As a first-level character, it is great to find 15 copper pieces. I mean, that is two garlic buds and a pigeon. But finding 13,000 copper pieces in a dragon horde later in the same campaign? That sucks. It is never worth bringing out, even with a bag of holding. All that will happen is the local currency will become inflated because of the influx of cheap money.
  • Cursed items. I know, who likes cursed items? What kind of idiot is going to have a book of vile darkness or helm of opposite alignment lying around their freehold? Well, I will tell you? Adventurers. I have been to several long-time party members' places, only to find seriously terrible magical items behind ropes. When asked, these people, who, again, are generally incredibly competent fighters, thieves, or clerics, will give an answer that basically boils down to "I found it, so I keep it." No. Don't keep it. Sell it to someone in Free City of Greyhawk or the Scarlet Brotherhood. Use the money to party.  
  • Scars. This one is self-explanatory.
"Orgone Accumulator" isn't found on any studio album, but it is on Space Ritual (1973). I don't know why it was never officially recorded because it is upper-tier Hawkwind.

No comments:

Post a Comment